The next time the power goes out will you be prepared? The Fire & Water Co. can service most stand–by generators and can help to continue with your everyday necessities like heating and cooling your home or office, refrigerating your food, and keeping your lights on – no matter how long the power might be out. We’ll help you choose the right generator size for your specific needs, install the transfer switch, electrical and gas hook ups, and make sure you’re ready for use. We can do it all.
During a utility power outage, an automatic standby generator installed by The Fire & Water Co. provides many advantages over a portable generator. Whether it be for your home or your business, don’t allow power outages, hurricanes, tornadoes or winter’s icy storms leave you in the dark again.
Contact us today to find out more about why a Guardian generator from Generac can be your best protection against unpredictable weather and unforeseen power outages.
Some of the advantages of a standby generator over a portable one include:
- They are recommended by The American Red Cross as a safer way to provide backup power to a home.
- When a standby generator is properly installed outside your home, you are protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning which is a risk with portable generators.
- Standby generators operate on the home’s natural gas or an LP fuel supply. It is less expensive to run than a gasoline powered portable generator and there’s no getting up in the middle of the night to refill an empty generator tank.
- Standby generators start automatically and within seconds of a power outage. There’s no need to haul a portable generator outside when the power goes out, and it eliminates all those power extension cords running through your home.
- Standby generators are always on the job, even when you’re away from home. They turn themselves off when the utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
To schedule a service call or repair, or to receive a free estimate or more information about standby generators, call 804–824–7085.
The Fire and Water Co. has been providing quality home and commercial product sales and service throughout the Peninsula, Middle Peninsula, Gloucester, Northern Neck, Tappahannock, Kilmarnock, York, Newport News, Williamsburg, Toano and Greater Richmond Virginia areas for over 50 years. We’re family owned and operated, full–tradesmen contractors, licensed to perform all work in–house. Not only are we your sole contractors from the start of the job until its completion to your specifications, we’re your neighbors and we stand by our work unconditionally. Whatever the job, father and son get it done.
— SERVING —
Gloucester, Mathews, Middlesex, Williamsburg, Toano, West Point, New Kent, King & Queen, Yorktown, Newport News, Oyster Point, Denbeigh,
James City County, Surry, White Stone, Kilmarnock, Tappahannock, Warsaw, Westmoreland, Calao, and New Kent County.